Ventura Wedding Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2014 11:44 pm  #1

Planning my wedding and my hubby wont help at all

I have been planning my wedding since I was a little girl and the day is finally set for us to tie the knot. I'm sooooo excited about it but my hubby is not and it makes me a little upset. I don't want to be a bridezilla making sure everything goes my way, I really do want his imput and I feel like planning our special day isn't very important to him. :( Any suggestions on how to notch up the energy and excitement?

10/16/2014 7:22 pm  #2

Re: Planning my wedding and my hubby wont help at all

Dear Debbie,
Weddings are super exciting but not always for guys. Their idea of planning isn't the same as ours and it may be overwhelming to him (all the decisions, money, time, and energy it takes). When my husband and I got married, he didn't get involved much because he wanted me to make most of the decisions because he wanted me happy. I felt much the same as you do now. He was very supportive all the way through the planning stages and I asked him to help decide in areas I thoguht he would be interested in like food and drink choices and the guest list. If you feel down about his reactions at any point make sure you talk to him about it, his explanation will very likely put you at ease.
Congratulations to you two.
Lola

11/26/2014 11:55 pm  #3

Re: Planning my wedding and my hubby wont help at all

Thanks!

Board footera