Ventura Wedding Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/16/2014 7:12 pm  #1

Small Ventura Wedding on a Tight Budget

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me. I'm looking for a venue other then the Ventura Courthouse to have a very small and intimate Wedding for about 8 to possibly 20 people, that isn't going to cost us a lot of money as we are extremely budgeted. Looking forward to any info you may be able to provide.
Thanks in advance,
Connie

12/27/2014 11:16 pm  #2

Re: Small Ventura Wedding on a Tight Budget

Hi Connie!
Congratulations on your engagement! Since your wedding is going to be so intimate, I can suggest some options that might be less conventional but better suited to the unique scale and budget you mentioned. We attended a wedding at the Santa Barbara courthouse that wasn’t “officially” booked there. The couple set a time and date for their friends and family to meet up there on the grounds and they stood in a semicircle around the couple and officiate as they exchanged their vows and rings. She still had her dress and attendants, and the ceremony was very beautiful. Afterwards they had a parade down the street to a local restaurant where more guests met them for their reception.
If you choose to meet at a public park like Grant Park in Ventura, be aware that it is a public space and there may be a scheduled event. Try calling as an interested bride to see what their schedule looks like first. You could even try a beach wedding, if that would appeal to you or a reception in your backyard or that of a friend.
If you want to book a location in Ventura, you could try the Poinsettia Pavilion. They have really large spaces but also some smaller ones as well.
Good Luck!

12/29/2014 7:58 am  #3

Re: Small Ventura Wedding on a Tight Budget

Hello, very interesting discussion, I've got many useful information from this, thanks.
HpXmas

Board footera